Monday, August 2, 2010

It's a Sin

In contrast to how successful Wet 'n' Wild has been at getting me to buy more polish in recent months, Sinful Colors has been awful. Display after display of re-promotes all summer—though I guess the nail art ones were new but I barely use the ones I have so was not tempted by those. I came across two new displays of Sinfuls at my Rite Aid recently, Shanghai Nights and Colors of Darkness.

Sinful Colors

Left to right: Bamboo, Lang Lang, Dumpling, Fortune Cookie, Fried Rice, Hot & Sour, Chopstick, Great Wall.


Sinful Colors

Left to right: Love Bite, Witching Hour, Dawn, Vamp, Femme Fatale, Full Moon, Dusk, Stormy.


Hmm, none of those names match any of the Sinfuls I already have, but some of those colors sure look familiar. For research purposes, I bought one color from each display (the purples, of course). When I got them home, lo and behold, I found I had near-identical twins already in my stash for each of them.

Sinful Colors

Daddy's Girl (left), Dawn (right). Or is it the other way around? Doesn't matter.


Sinful Colors

Let's Talk (left), Lang Lang (right). Or vice versa.


Now, maybe these just look really, really close to each other in the bottle but look different on the nail. I've certainly seen that happen before, so of course I moved on to swatch them.

Sinful Colors

Top to bottom: Let's Talk, Lang Lang, Daddy's Girl, Dawn.


I boosted the red in this last photo to try and get the purples to show true to life, but being purples, they refuse to play nicely. At any rate, these pairs sure do look the same to me. Are all the colors in both these displays re-named polishes from the core line? I don't know. I suspect most of them are, and am not willing to spend time figuring out which ones might be new when there are so many other fresh collections coming out.

19 comments:

  1. Naughty people. Reminds me to try Daddy's Girl though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for confirming what I suspected! This is making my no-buy just a little bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those bad, bad people at sinful colors.... Oh well, that means money will be spend elsewhere :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess its alright with me that my Walgreens is late putting out new collections. But it doesn't matter much to be which one I get because I only have on Sinful polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that really ticks me off knowing I probably would of bought some of these thinking they were a new color. Thanks for the heads up big time! Shame on sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so annoying! Shame on you, Sinful Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sinful often has new displays with core colors in them which I see and think "wow, new Sinfuls" then see that they are loaded with core colors. Annoying, but not terrible. These two displays are full of re-named core colors as far as I can tell, and I think that is beyond annoying. I'm with you, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so torn. I don't have most of those colors, and I would love to have them... but I don't want to reward the company for their bad behavior. Decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, at least I know in my heart of hearts that they live up to their name of Sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo for them! I just used Let's Talk, thanks for swatching so I didn't buy a copy with a different name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving these. I'm going to have to check out Walgreens and see if its in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What? Does Sinful think we're stupid or something? !!! I've seen them do this over and over too. It's Shameful not "Sinful"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't remember if I bought Daddy's Girl or not but its really pretty in this pic.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, as much as I love Sinful, this is kinda sad. I've noticed this before with Sinful, like same colors with different names in the same pile at the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tell me about it! I was so annoyed when I realized that not a single one of these was a new polish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I was really bummed out to learn that these were all repromotes! I was actually excited at the thought of new Sinful collections coming out! :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally late, but are Zoya and Sinful Colors part of the same company? Because the SC's Colors of Darkness and Zoya's Wonderful/Wicked collection are using the same promo picture (except it looks like Zoya photoshopped the model's left hand in).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Abby, good catch! As far as I know, Zoya and Sinful aren't related, but they sure do seem to have used the same stock photo as their starting point for the promo materials.

    The Zoya site wasn't behaving for me just now, but I found their pic at Nails Beautiqued:

    http://nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com/2010/06/zoya-wicked-and-wonderful-collection.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.