Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello Kitty Beauty

Just before Christmas, Sephora had a preview sale of the Hello Kitty products that are scheduled to launch later this month. Given my weakness for cuteness, it's some sort of miracle that I only bought three nail polishes (of eight colors available): Pink Sprinkles, Banana Cream, and Purple Sprinkles.



I'm not usually a big fan of yellows, but Banana Cream impressed me. It was well behaved, especially for a pastel, going on in three coats with minimal streaking.



I added two coats of Pink Sprinkles and got a look that made me think of springtime.





I only had time to swatch Purple Sprinkles on my thumb; I liked it it a lot. I did two coats and added top coat because it seemed a little bumpy on its own. I was surprised at how pigmented the base was and loved the dustiness of that base color contrasted with the glitter bits.





These were US$10 for 9 ml, so one definitely pays a premium for the kitty head bottle; in the case of Banana Cream and Purple Sprinkles, I think is was worth it. Pink Sprinkles doesn't seem as special, but still—kitty head bottle.

18 comments:

  1. Gah! I still can't believe I passed on these. They were so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kitty bottles! Unbelievably cute! I love the purple sprinkles one :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute, but the polish itself just seems kinda meh to me. And $10 for 9ml isn't too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I things we do for Hello Kitty!
    I'd still buy it, only the purple one though. IMO, Thats the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! i must get my hands on these once theyre out in stores :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colors. I thought about these but none of the colors stood out for me. A well applied yellow like that is awesome and ya gotta luv the kitteh faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple Sprinkles is awesome, these bottles WERE too hard to pass up since I grabbed myself two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bottles are so cute! I also really like the yellow and the purple glitter, its probably a very nice layering polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the Banana Cream, does it smell? That would be so cool! I'm trying to get some scented np from HK to test out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Minha filha não pode ver isto!!! risos
    Você por acaso vende essas preciosidades???
    São lindos demais!!!
    Parabéns pelo seu blog!!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute bottles! I just love the last one, glittery shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these Karen! So adorable!

    I never would have even tried that yellow tone but it's so eye catching! x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, everyone!

    Joan, no scent for the Banana Cream--other than nail polish smell. :)

    Loucas por Esmaltes, Obrigado! Eu não tenho nenhum para venda. Talvez você pode encontrar no eBay? (Espero que isso funcione tradução!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The specialness of these is definitely in the packaging but they still make for a very pretty manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This are really cute but the price + size = over priced in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.