Friday, June 10, 2011

Lady Muck vs. Sea Spray

When I shared my Butter London Lady Muck nails of the day, Deborah, hermetic, and Beautyshades wondered about how it compared to China Glaze Sea Spray. I can now answer that question, since I actually did look at the list I'd made for myself of things to do when I had time to swatch (often I just get distracted by whatever's recently arrived in my stash when I sit down to play).



We all know that differences that show in the bottle don't necessarily translate to the nail, but in this case, they do. Both of these polishes are dusty blues, but Lady Muck is darker and its shimmer is a silver fleck while Sea Spray has a much subtler pearly shimmer.


Top to bottom: Lady Muck, Sea Spray, Lady Muck, Sea Spray.






Lovers of murky blues will probably want both of these; I'm planning on keeping them in my stash.

22 comments:

  1. both are lovely soft colors! thanks for the comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison. Both are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great pics Karen. I love Lady Muck much better but both are such great dusty blues. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although they are different I like them both! Would keep both of course as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both lovely colors but I love the one with the shimmers .

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have sea spray, now i need to get my hands on lady muck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are pretty!
    you could probably add china glaze fairy dust over sea spray to get the same effect as butter london one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping they would be closer :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want both of them!! but I would have to chose Lady Muck just because I love the shimmer!!! Great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Post. Now i Want Sea Spray.!
    Im Always On The Lookout For That Perfect Soft Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually have Sea Spray on right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *sigh* Now I need Lady Muck. Enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg sea spray looks soooooooo much nicer on your nails. i cant get it to look nice on mine! lol
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love Lady Muck is so pretty. Sea spray is nice also but for me the Lady muck shimmer is just a must:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. While they are both very nice, Lady Muck is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely different! Now I can go ahead and own both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so pretty! I love these grey polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. mm i like me some butter more. nice comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.