Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Zoya vs. Zoya: Arizona Faces Off with Jancyn

I mentioned the other day that when I save photos for later they rarely get posted; today I've got a quick comparison that I've been sitting on (not literally) for a while because ... well, I'm not sure why. I know it's been done before but I don't usually let that stop me, since I think the more photos out there the better. I think I was just distracted by other things, l though these polishes are bright enough to draw attention: Zoya Jancyn and Zoya Arizona, both yellow-leaning orange cremes. I'm not entirely sure which is which in the bottle photo here.



On the nail, there is a slight difference between these two. Left to right below, it's Jancyn, Arizona, Jancyn, Arizona.



Arizona is slightly yellower/lighter than Jancyn. Below, Arizona on the left, Jancyn on the right. I used three coats of each, no top coat.



Backing off a bit, the difference is still there, though maybe not as noticeable. Left to right below: Arizona, Jancyn, Arizona, Jancyn.



I don't think a person needs both of these unless that person is a serious orange lover; since I'm married to one, I'll hang onto both for a while.

20 comments:

  1. I prefer Arizona as it seems prettier (?) I like the name better too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference is so subtle! Maybe too subtle, considering they come from same brand :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are pretty nice but I'm eyeing Arizona more so than Jancyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors. They look almost the same. Both are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are close and guess what I have both. Havn't tried Jancyn yet. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this- I was just comparing swatches of these on Google yesterday! It's like you read my mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me crazy but I would need them both. I like having "99% dupes" - I find it informative... and because I have a serious addiction to collecting polish. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that! I've been wondering about these two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can barely see the difference. You could have fooled me into thinking that you were only wearing one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I'm happy it wasn't literally - that would have been uncomfortable!
    And that is a very subtle difference in colors, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they're so very close. I love when you do these comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They seem too close to me to have both ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look pretty close, but not dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again for your comparisons. The difference is so sutble, you'd wonder why Zoya just wouldn't put more effort in putting out something more unique because I don't think the average person is going to buy both....especially a shade like orange!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look very similar. Great comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ended up with both because I've had Jancyn since its release (and love it) and got the whole Beach and Surf sets recently. I thought Arizona was noticeably lighter than Jancyn until I got them together. I love it, so I consider it a backup for one of my favorite colors. It is odd that Zoya didn't either go redder or yellower with it. (Though redder may have duped another existing color. Now that I think of it, I wonder if that was the original intention. The Surf shimmers match the Beach colors really well except Arizona and Myrta don't go together as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comparison! They are quite similar. For me, I already have Arizona, so I probably won't be getting Jancyn. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why do polish companies do this to us?????? It's such dirty practice! These are so similar I'm having trouble seeing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.