Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wheel Z7: Brown and Taupe Shimmers

I almost decided to not post this wheel, as the polishes look too dark to me on both my monitors, but since the photos do seem to show relative differences okay and there are plenty of swatches of most of these elsewhere online, I'm going to go ahead so Nail Wheel Wednesday doesn't have to take yet another unexpected week off.



1. Catrice Clay-ton My Hero (2 coats)
2. Zoya Jules (2) [seems like I could have put this one on a metallic wheel]
3. Misa Heaven's Glow (2)
4. Sally Hansen New Lengths Marcasite (3)
5. Sally Hansen New Lengths Bronze Age (4) [a lot of coats, yes, but a nice glowy payoff]
6. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Risky (3)
7. Butter London FaSally Hansen Pack (2) [such subtle shimmer I might as well as put it on a creme wheel]
8. Rescue Beauty Lounge Decorous (2) [also subtle shimmer, but at least I can see it in macro shot]
9. Butter London All Hail the Queen (3) [supposedly this shimmer is holo, but it's weak]
10. Ulta Taupe on a Rope (2)
11. Essence Creamylicious Chocolate Shake (2)
12. Rimmel Play Fast Night Life (3) [miss this line so much]
13. Maybelline Express Finish Tassseled Taupe (3)
14. Maybelline Express Finish Earthly Taupe (2)
15. China Glaze Ingrid (2)
16. Julie G Stiletto (2)
17. Jesse's Girl Stiletto (2)
18. Essie Mochacino (2)
19. Maybelline Express Finish Toasted Host (2)
20. Goldie unlabelled taupe (3) [the only place I ever buy Goldie is at discount stores when I happen upon a set on clearance; given how pretty this one is maybe I should seek them out when they're new]

Bottles 1 through 6:



7 through 11:



12 through 15:



16 through 20:

















Destash notes: This is hard. A lot of these I want to keep because they're pretty. Some I want to keep because I like the bottles or they complete a set/collection. I suppose that's true of any given wheel, but it's especially bad here because taupe is one of my top five most loved nail poliSally Hansen colors (the others are purple, blue, green, and glitter). I suppose it's easy enough to let go of one of the Stilettos (16 and 17). 12 through 15 are probably similar enough that I could see my way to keeping only one, but I'm having trouble deciding which. The Rimmel, I guess, because someday I will track down the colors I'm missing from that line and angels will sing when my collection's complete, though I think I like the finiSally Hansen on 14 the best. See, hard?

4 comments:

  1. I'm really not the biggest fan of browns and they tend not to look good on me. I don't own that many. Though holos and iridescents are okay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wheel comparisons! They're very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretties. ^_^ That Goldie bottle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any idea where I can find the Sally Hansen Bronze Age? I had it years ago and haven't been able to find it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.